"Tragedy reminds us that love is wasted unless it's translated into actions!"
I woke up in the middle of the night last night, which isn't unusual for me, but there was a weird heavyness on my heart. I didn't know what was going on, or why I felt that way. Strange for that early in the morning. So I went to check my mail, and saw the headline...."8.9 Earthquake and Tsunami hit Japan". Here we go again! Immediately I knew that this was going to be another moment in history never to be forgotten!
As I sit and watch the news and see the devastation, and wait for the tsunami to hit the West Coast of the US and Canada in a few hours, it is unbelievable!! I am reminded of the Tsunami of 2004, which hit Indonesia, where I lost missionary friends, and then the earthquake in Haiti last year where I lost more friends...the pain that came with those horrific times in this world, hit me, effected me personally, sitting here in Ontario Canada, thousands of miles away. I have friends in Japan, my friend Kenji has family there, I have alot of friends on the West Coast of the USA and Canada, that may or may not be effected by the tsunami of today. I pray that they aren't!
It's not only the magnitude of the quake and the tsunami that make this horrific, but that so many other countries, even our own, are going to be directly effected. It blows my mind! I ask myself Why? Why do these things keep happening? Why are so many lives lost? Is there a purpose, a reason? There are often so many questions when tragedy strikes, and often little to no answers. That's where faith comes into play, but that is often when faith is the hardest thing demonstrate. Trust me!
Last year when I was dealing with the loss of my friends in Haiti, and all that was going on there, someone sent me a video of a powerful song, that to this day, will make me cry. But whether it is Indonesia, Haiti, Japan, or maybe just a personal heartache,.... we need to always remember "He's got the whole world in His hands, and He feels your pain."
Listen and be encouraged!
No comments:
Post a Comment