Well this week has been full of heartache for so many people...for the nation of Haiti, for people around the world that lost loved ones and friends in the earthquake. Myself included, as I deal with the loss of my friends the Stephensons. Today I came across this video, and as I watched it, and listened to the lyrics...it's so powerful! It's called "Anyone Listening: A Love Song for Haiti" by Kirk Franklin and Friends http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkhHWd9JCYs Please check it out! It will move you to tears! Ok, maybe that was just me!
I admit that in my heart I struggle with how some people can just ignore whats going on with their fellow man, that they show no compassion, or just shut them out and go on with their own lives. It frustrates me, angers me...I just think, if this earthquake had happened to them or in their country, wouldn't they want people to come help them, to pray and be there for them, to support and encourage? It's truly sad how we as people are so caught up in our own world, and how much we take our lives and what we have been given by God, for granted!
"God, help me to always be compassionate to others, to see people the way You do, and realize that being sensitive to the hurts and pain of others in this world is a good thing!"
No comments:
Post a Comment