Sunday, February 27, 2011

Opportunities for Growth

Well it is a beautiful day here, mild and sunny!  Funny how sunshine can effect a persons outlook on things, isn't it? Things seem more happy and positive when the sun is shining, then when it is cloudy and dull, or maybe that is just me. 

This morning has been good, and a chance to be thankful for alot!  Although I couldn't be there in person, I was rejoicing, and in prayer, for my best friend as he went and ministered to a congregation this morning with his gift of music!  I have been fortunate enough over the years to hear him play, and know the gift he pocesses, and now he is able to share his talent and gift with others!  I am very proud of him, because I know the obstacles that he's faced to get to this point.  I pray that it will not only be a blessing to those who listen in the congregation, but also that he in turn would be blessed and encouraged by this opportunity!  

As I sat in church this morning I was reminded of many things, of the people and opportunities that God's placed in my life over the years that have helped me grow in my faith, and in a sense helped me to become the person I am. It's funny how you can listen to a song, and it reminds you of a certain time and place in your life, maybe a certain person.  This morning was such a time.  Two songs this morning that were sung, hit me, and reminded me of memories that will always be dear to me.  The years at Fireside, listening to PJ lead worship at staff devos or chapel times, firebowls.... every single time I hear them, no matter the time that has passed, I am reminded of those special moments at camp, with such a wonderful staff family every summer, by the campers that came!  I was blessed by that time in my life, my faith grew alot through that experience, by the friends that I made each summer, by the things I saw God accomplish, by the people and lives that were changed because of that ministry!  God is still using that ministry to this day, and I'm thankful that I was part of it, that it is part of who I am.  Forever stamped on my heart! 

~ God is always giving us opportunities and experiences in this life to learn and grow, and to step out in faith.  Do we recognize them?  Are we thankful for them?  Are we thankful even when they might not turn out the way we hoped or wanted them to?  What about when they are painful and difficult times of growth?  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment