Monday, February 14, 2011

Struggles with Life and Attitude


"When you're struggling with something, look at all the people around you and realize that every single person you see is struggling with something, and to them, it's just as hard as what you're going through."
 - Nicholas Sparks


The past few months seem to have been a constant struggle for me. The feeling of being unsettled, of frustration at where I'm at, and the situations God's placed me in, and wondering why! Why do we ask "Why?" Do we not trust God enough to know that He's got good that will come out of the bad situations, the struggles, the thorns of life? Sometimes I forget that, more so in the past few months. I wonder where God is, I get angry at God, and frustrated with life itself, and wonder why I was put here if only to struggle the way I am.

I am extremely thankful for my best friend, who for the past few years has listened to me complain and whine about how life isn't fair, about the injustices of life, how illness sucks, and how it doesn't seem worth it, and the list goes on!  He's heard so many of my frustrations and vents over the years. Sometimes I wonder how, and why, he puts up with me, but I'm thankful he has!

The past few months, when I've been going through alot of really tough stuff, I never questioned whether to say anything about it to him or not. He's been there for me,. There were alot of dark days, days where my attitude sucked, where I was just wanting to throw in the towel, and say "I'm done!", and I would recieve a text or a phone message saying "Hang in there, I'm praying for you!"  Do you know what that does to a person, to know that someone is constantly in prayer for you? I knew, that whether my friend was 3000 miles away, or 360, or whatever, he had my back, and was with me in it! I wasn't in it on my own!  It's been a huge encouragement to me! 

I know that I'm not the only one who finds it hard to remain positive when it feels like life is spinning out of control, when work is stressful, when there are family troubles, when finances are difficult, when relationships are breaking down, when health is suffering, etc.  It's easier to count problems then blessings!  Remember that no matter what you're going through, God knows what it is, He hears you, He knows the pain, the heartache, the struggle.  He will get you through it, and know that you have friends you can lean on in those times, who will pray and stand with you, and carry you, if you need that!  You're not alone!  Sometimes just a change of attitude will change your perspective on things in an amazing way! 

~ What will your attitude be in times of trial and pain and hardship?  Will it be one of faith, hope and joy? Or will it be self-pity, anger, resentment, etc?~ 

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
James 1:2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment